The Highland Park ISD Education Foundation administers a number of scholarships to be awarded to high school seniors each year at the annual senior awards assembly in May. The scholarships are usually a result of a donation to honor or memorialize an individual or group.
There are four basic kinds of scholarships awarded:
- Annual One-Time Scholarship: Funds are contributed each year by February to cover the cost of the scholarship to be awarded at the end of the school year.
- Memorial or Honorary Fund where donations are made at a specific time and the funds are used to offer scholarships until the total amount in the fund is exhausted.
- Annual, Multi-Year Scholarship: Donated funds are sufficient to cover the cost of a 4 year scholarship.
- Endowed Scholarship: A significant gift is made and invested by the FoundatIon. The interest generated from these invested dollars is used to fund a scholarship. This scholarship will continue in perpetuity.
- Naming of the scholarship – in honor of a group, individual or as a memorial.
- Assigning an annual dollar amount of the scholarship(s) and total number of scholarships to be awarded each year.
- Defining criteria for recipient selection – these criteria may include areas of study, financial need, character traits, abilities, community service, school activities, career ambitions, gender or other specific wishes of the family.
- Choosing a person or persons to participate in the selection committee to determine the recipient(s) of the scholarship.
All contributions are payable to:
Highland Park Education Foundation
4201 Grassmere Lane
Dallas, TX 75205